Es Baluard Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani de Palma is organising the XX DEAC Conference (Education and Cultural Action Departments) on 3, 4 and 5 October titled «Transversal Museums». The DEAC conference, on its 20th edition, are characterized by providing a platform for debate, exchange and reflection aimed at professionals of museums’ learning departments.
With the title «Transversal Museums» we intend to focus on the cross-cutting nature of museum practices and the importance and need to establish practices based on a horizontal approach and working within a network.
The focus will be on transversality at different levels: from within the institution in the team’s own profile and in its relationship with the other areas, especially the curatorial team; or to the outside in its interaction with the social sphere.
The first two days will be devoted to each of these blocks. We will dedicate the mornings to the lecture format with a final debate among speakers. This will be complemented with outings in the afternoon to get to know Mallorca Museums and its diverse programs. The final day we will be collecting participants contributions setting for it rotatory roundtable discussions.
Area of Educational Development, Training and Public Programmes team of Es Baluard
Eva Cifre, Irene Amengual, Mireia Guitart
- Area of Educational Development, Training and Public Programmes team of Es Baluard
- Maria del Mar Gaita (Museum Curator. Consell de Mallorca)
- TAULA. Association of educators of Mallorca
- Research group in Art and Education (GRAiE).Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Mireia Mayolas (Head of Education and Activities. Museu Marítim de Barcelona)
- Pablo Coca (Area of Didactics of Plastic Expression. Universidad de Valladolid)
- Pablo Martínez (Head of Programs. Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona MACBA)
- Encarna Lago (Manager. Rede Museística Provincial de Lugo)